Wednesday, 18 September 2019
Virtuemart Extensions
A+ R A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Finding peace in a time of pain

Finding peace in a time of pain 5 years 7 months ago #3923

I am unfortunately going through an extremely difficult time in my life. My attachments to the physical world are in the way of my spiritual enhancement to say the least. I am ANGRY and sad and the anger frightens me and I think is preventing me from seeing the world as it is. George can you tell me how to get past this ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Finding peace in a time of pain 5 years 6 months ago #3936

• mbowiejr50
  • Emerging Voice
  • Thank you received: 2
I was watching the TV series "Bones" and I heard this song called " Something good in this world" by a guy name Marc Scilla or something like that, you can type the name of that song on youtube and the video will pop up.. Check it out.
I'm surprised you have not gotten alot of replies from people telling you their experiences that helped them.
Your right about the anger stoping your progress, it will... Your not alone in your fight, I am with you for sure however, I have learned a few things that seems to help me..
Laughter is a big thing, I laugh alot..I'm sure you have some funny memories that has made you crack up with laughter in the past, dig those up and have a laugh. :laugh:
I take life one day at time, I know my goal and I know I will get there. I have made changes along the way in my life because negative things that I can control in my life, they had to go, and that hurts sometimes but it had to be done.
Don't worry about others conforming to your expectations, you will be angered at that more times then not, just make the changes YOU can make for YOUR good.
Its time for YOU to be selffish and do what's best for YOU in YOUR search for peace..

I hope this comforts you.. Peace and Love..
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mbowiejr50.

Finding peace in a time of pain 5 years 6 months ago #3937

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
Good reply, MBJ - thanks for that!

I know you addressed this to George, OG - but since a little time has gone by, I'll offer what I can.

The simple answer is: one step at a time.
I know you know this already, but sometimes it helps to refocus on the basics.

Anger has it's place, and is oftentimes well deserved - but it is such a destructive force!
The potential to allow oneself to become consumed by anger is certainly a fearful thing!
Because fear is a paralyzing force - I would recommend working on that aspect of things right away. Every day you make it through, that you have not given-in to the consuming force of anger, is a victory. Let those small victories be your affirmations that: while you respect the abyss of anger, fear is unnecessary because YOU are in control!
By making small changes in mindset (such as viewing each day's completion as a 'victory'), by setting small goals & achieving them through one-step-at-a-time living, you will begin to chip away at that sadness.

Here's the thing about seeing the world as it really is:
The world really is 'whatever' you choose to see it as!
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by R.Z..

Finding peace in a time of pain 5 years 6 months ago #3938

Thank you both for your thoughtful responses!

I am trying to look at my current situation as a time of evolution so to speak but it is extraordinarly difficult because the thing I am evolving from is not what I want to leave behind. There is the anger I spoke of but also a much more oppressive SADNESS. And the sadness makes me angry which makes me sad, etc to oblivion

I also am beginning to see my own role in the disaster which I will be frank here and say., I am going through a divorce. I was not the one that cheated physically but I cannot deny that I cheated in spirit and I feel that this opened the door for the other issues in our relationship. Lying by omission is still a lie and sometimes the worst kind. My own stupidity makes me sad and angry as much as the horrible current situation. I suppose in some ways I feel it will never be "BETTER" because being better does mean moving on and I don't want to. Though I know I must.

Your compassion and helpful words are appreciated

Finding peace in a time of pain 5 years 6 months ago #3940

• mbowiejr50
  • Emerging Voice
  • Thank you received: 2
Sorry to hear that, I could feel the sadness in your writing.. Sometimes we are forced to move up to our purpose and it could be hard to see when going through it, especially when we have attachments that we've grown addiicted. ... Is that a good word to use?? :unsure: .
You must know that it will get better for you...I will bet money on it.. I bet you a dollar!! any takers? :laugh:
Like R.Z said, "One step at a time" Time heals all wounds..

My heart goes out to you osgoodthale, be strong and don't forget to laugh, it really helps :laugh:

Peace and Love..

Finding peace in a time of pain 5 years 5 months ago #3951

• JohnAdams
  • Thank you received: 10
Live 1 day at a time as R.Z. mentioned...There is NO past or future in this life...You only have the present moment and that is IT!!!! Do not concern yourself with all of these problems and instead turn them over to the universe and live and let be...Control over things in ones life is a learned behavior...Surrender all of this to the Universe and it will get better...Do not try to control anymore and the Universe will lead you to the answers that you so desperately seek....As well as a better life...
The following user(s) said Thank You: R.Z.
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds