Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Near Death Experiences

Near Death Experiences 4 years 1 week ago #4279

• jacobsntj
  • Correspondent
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello All,

I have recently been studying near death experiences and found not all are positive. I came across some where the people claimed to have gone to hell or something they imagined like it. I've read others who say our reality has been hijacked and wondered if the negative near death experiences are an extension of that hijacking? I see the afterlife as another dimension not a place we go to to stop creating.

If we were created by an all loving creator than the idea of hell seems contradictory. If someone lived a terrible life I couldn't condemn them forever. I personally do not believe in hell so the fact these people claimed to have gone there and seemed sincere made we contemplate the issue. My Grandma had a World War II friend who claimed to have gone to hell before coming back and was terrified to die afterwords. What was odd is these people who claimed this did not seem to live horrible lives, not perfect but who is.

Or is everything we see after we supposedly die what we believe we will see? I did find the negative experiences to be in the minority but still expressed by the recipient as true nonetheless. The people who had a positive one never wanted to come back and felt in a sense that this was hell at least compared to their experience. What do you guys think?

-Nick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Near Death Experiences 4 years 1 week ago #4280

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
Or is everything we see after we supposedly die what we believe we will see?
Everything we see, before we die, is what we believe we will see - so no reason to think that things will be any different after.

Here's a possibility: Dear ol' Aunt Sally (apologies to all with actual Aunt Sally's) lives her life a god-fearing woman. Does all the right things, but out of what motivation? FEAR of god's punishment in hell is the motivator ... and while the results are still a good life - the INTENT behind those actions is focused on hell.
So what happens to Aunt Sally when she kicks?
Does she experience hell because it's what she's focused so much intent on throughout this life?
Or does she experience hell because an outside force has hijacked her understanding of how this all works?
Either way, it's not good to be Aunt Sally! ;)
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!
Last Edit: 4 years 1 week ago by R.Z..

Near Death Experiences 4 years 1 week ago #4281

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
If we were created by an all loving creator than the idea of hell seems contradictory.
Tonight I'd say (tomorrow may be different) that: we were created so that creator could observe (him/her/it)self experiencing the infinitude of possibility. (I mean think about it - roller coasters are fun alright, but those pictures of yourself after the ride's over: ... sure do reveal a lot about a person's character in the moment!)

So while I agree that hell seems an unnecessary corner of experience - in order to explore it all, somebody's got to go there!
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds