Virtuemart Extensions
A+ R A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: *NUTRITION* REAL FOOD

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 11 months ago #4078

• JohnAdams
  • Thank you received: 10
Wow...I did not know about the washing part...will do it from now on for sure,,,Would that be with all veggies, like carrots and spinach? Also I have seen these vegetable washes at the grocery store just figured it was more chemicals that they want us to dump on em...
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by JohnAdams. Reason: added more to it...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 11 months ago #4079

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
  • Thank you received: 18
@ Contemplative:
Wheater the method of soaking in water dissipates any poison insecticidal toxins – I am not so sure. These kind of poisons, if used on the plants or its seeds, are (at least partly) taken in by the plant. You can not all wash away – some will come into your body by eating plants from sprayed seeds or plants sprayed with insecticidal toxins – or whatever other poison may be used.
I support the idea doing the best we can for our bodies and choose biologic dynamic food whenever we can. Our body works best on all these original foods mother nature provides so abundantly.
The poison I am referring to in my former posts is the “protection” of the plant itself. In this case I'm referring to phytic acid, as being one of these poisons. You see, an animal will run, when it feels it's on some ones menu – a plant can't run. Phytic acid is a “poison” a plant may have, and as I wrote a few posts back some plants contain phytic acid, it's their germinative power.
I hate to tell you this, but all (including biologic dynamic) plants have these germanitive power! Oh well, maybe GM's don't have it anymore. See, that is to pass on life. So you best soak them, refresh water after preferably 24 hours and then keep them in the water until they sprout. Why? This time I'll answer my question, because it is not really a question, you see. The water first used, contains (some of) the phytic acid. By using that water you went through all the trouble of cleaning for no reason, because by taking in that water you are taking in the phytic acid also.
Beware?
Be aware!
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by L.N.. Reason: ;)

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 11 months ago #4080

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
@ John: here's a translation for you:
Phytic acid is found in several plants, like rhubarb. Bigger amounts of phytic acid are found in cocoa, choclate, most nuts, berries, beans and beets – and is also found in parsil, purslane and spinach. Phytic acid irritates the inside of the throat and can be fatal in bigger doses. Phytic acid binds with ionaire metals like calcium in the body and forms oxalates with them which can irritate throat and kidneys. Some kidney stones are mainly build up from oxalates. Long time or repaeted use of oxalates can harm your kidneys. The eyes can get irritated by a small amount of oxalates (characterized by red and watery eyes) – long time contact can damage the cornea or can even make one blind. Repeated contact with the skin harms the skin, gives inflammation of the skin or even make blisters, depending on the time of exposure. Inhaling Phytic acid can cause different gradations of lung damage and irritation on the bronchial tubes, characterized by a burny feeling in the throat and coughing. Big amounts can cause choke, unconsciousness (lol, there you have it: we should stop eating this stuff) and even death.
I don't think you can soak spinach; so spinach needs to be cooked well to at least diminish the phytic acid. Don't use the water spinach is cooked in, for it contains all the phytic acid after cooking. Nuts need to be soaked, dried and/or roasted, berries need to be soaked.
You don't have to soak, but I think it is way better. It is also wise to vary the diet, that helps too.
Using industrial foods, you are eating unprepared food; with the phytic acid, goitrogens and oxalates still in them as they were. So once more I underline the importance of eating the best food you can get: bio-dynamic.

Well, enough cheering up for today.

Here's a link: www.westonaprice.org/?s=oxalates%2C+goit...+acid+&submit=Search

PS:
I think the washing in groceries is done to make the veggies look better, or more fresh, if you like. It's not all together bad – if it's nice water, that is used.
Beware?
Be aware!

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 11 months ago #4082

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey LN. Lots of great info! Thanks! Do you think it's the phyticacid that causes the intestinal gas in people who consume beans? Hmmm. Funny how my mind works sometimes. If that's the case I will no longer consider them the magical fruit :0)
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 11 months ago #4083

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi contemplative. I'm with you on the importance of washing our food and consuming organic. Although now it seems that " organic" may change it's definition according to gov standards. Lots of energy involved with the whole healthy consuming stuff. Anybody growing stuff this winter?
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 11 months ago #4084

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
Hey there Humin'.
I don't know wheater the phytic acid also is responsible for causing the intestinal gas in people who consume beans. I have never found any information about it. It could be easy to find out: if you first didn't soak and sprout the beans and now you do, you may notice a difference. Btw, you can diminish this gas by using turmeric and pro biotics. Turmeric also has great cleansing power!
Do not underestimate the phytic acid though. For one reason or another I have recently seen several people who carried the consequences of using unprepared veggies that contain phytic acid. I assure you, it was not a pretty sight.
Beware?
Be aware!
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds