Virtuemart Extensions
A+ R A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: *NUTRITION* REAL FOOD

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 9 months ago #4031

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
I searched and did not find a nutrition "topic" so here goes something.... I'm thinking of juicing and I heard that apple seeds are not good. I watched a G Ed Griffin video some time ago explaining importance of seeds in nutrition related to B vitamins and helping the immune system. There is talk of apple seeds containing cyanide. Thoughts and words appreciated :) .
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by huminbean.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 9 months ago #4033

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
Yes indeed - apple seeds do contain small amounts of cyanide (or at least - a chemical which converts to cyanide when digested). Several fruits have seeds with this substance in them.

I know most folks jump right to the fruit when they think of juicing, but if you consider the amount of sugar in fruits - you will find that lots of sweet, tasty juices may make you fatter than mcdonalds cheeseburgers! Leafy greens, veggies of all sorts .... all those things you should be eating anyway, are the preferred base for a juice diet.

Adding one or two apples to your juice won't produce enough cyanide to cause any harm. Of course - this coming from a guy who thinks we all need a little dark in our lives to balance the light.
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 9 months ago #4037

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
The fruit adds a nice balance to the grass flavor though. Guess the green veggie drink was meant to be guzzled down. Ok will do. Stay away from Micky d's though. Can take you down quicker than cyanide I hear :0). Peace 'n thanks!
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 9 months ago #4046

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi Huminbean,

the food thing; always interesting. I think we lost a lot of knowledge which we need to be able to live a good and healthy life. And that on its turn, helps us to take our lessons and learn as humans.
Juicing – it has been very popular, maybe it still is. You can juice fruits and vegetables. We had some guru's who lead and lead he way. But what if our bodies need something completely different? What if we need to use personal responsibility to find out about food, our body and its workings?
I always wondered, is there a manual for the workings and desires of the body? Were is it? Is it hidden? Why? What does our body need? How do we best feed it? How does it work? Are there limits to its performances and how can we know? Is there a way to know?
It seems to me, that we should have an answer to these questions, just to be able to live the best of ourselves and the body. I'm convinced, we once had this knowledge, but along the way we've lost it. I'm sure we in the western world lost it.
Nowadays we just buy things we like to eat, prepare it the way we were taught or the way we think is fit, and then eat it. Do we have any idea, what the different sorts of food do to our bodies? Why do we feel exhausted, sometimes, why do we fal asleep at certain moments, other then when it's bedtime? Could there be a relation between the “food” we just took?

There are many different ways to look at food. There are and have been throughout the years several populair ways of eating. Many made their choice and were really convinced they had found the only right way to feed the body.
I'm afraid, that those who eat fruits only, have chosen food that will look like the best discovery and best way to feed the body. Yet many found out that this wasn't so. Vegans, vegetarians, they all met troubles along the way. Why?
I think the answer is, that in their diet something was and is missing. The question then is: what? I have seen pics of ppl eating vegan and vegetarian and people eating with variety and also saturated fat. The look very different from vegans and vegetarians. How come? Is it the body or is it the diet? I say: it's the diet.

A certain dentist, WA Price (1870-1948) was wondering why it was that more and more young patients showed deformed jaws; the teeth did'nt fit in their mouth; the teeth were struggling with one another so it seemed, to just get some space to grow. Look around; how many youngsters with all these awfull / awesome braces, which are applied to help the teeth grow more "as they should", just to serve beauty? I'm sure they wil never be able to get the teeth fit in the space, which is and wil remain too small to just have the teeth fit in properly.
WA Price was decided to find his answers and went on a journey around the world. He found out some pretty interesting things. These original or indigenous people ate quite different from the westerners, i.e. us. And they looked quite different from the westerners. They had round faces, nice and healthy teeth, nicely fitting in theyr jaws. Yes in case WA Price was removing the plaque to find out that underneath were healthy and whole teeth.
He also found out that the different tribes all around the world ate different. The ate the food that grew/was in their area. But it struck him one thing was the same: the fats they ate. Therein was the key. I think there is much to learn from Weston A Price for us today. Here's a link:http://www.westonaprice.org/
Beware?
Be aware!

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 9 months ago #4047

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
Concerning our knowledge about food: I think we also lost this knowledge. Many plants are poisoned. We can eat them, but we then need to know what poison each specific plant contains and deal with it in a proper way; as our (grand)parents did.

it has been proven, that kidneystones mainly consist of oxalates. Where does that come from? Rhubarb. So we should cook it thouroughly and not eat it every day.
Beans for instance, contain phytic acid, it's their germinative power. It's also in chia seeds, goy berries and nuts among others. This demands special care, which is to put the beans, nuts, seeds into water for about 24 hrs. Then cleanse them and have them in clean water for more hrs. When we can see them sprout, they are ready to be prepared to eat by humans. This is not complete – there are many more items that needs the same treatment.

How about goitrogens? Cauliflower and broccoli and other veggies belonging to this famili contain goitrogens. What do they do? They suppres our thyroid. To deminish this suppressing quality, we need to cook these vegetables thouroughly before eating. Raw? Better not. But, it is all about choices, personal responsibility.

And what about nightshades? These exist for some 200 years – and that also is the time we added them to our diet. We have them way too often on our menu. Some nightshades: patatoes, aubergines, peppers, tomatoes.
They cause many problems. The thing is, it takes time before these problems manifest and get ugly. Then it will be very hard to find out what causes the problems and how to solve them. Many thus are going through painstaking research and still will not find out what causes their problems.

On this forum you can find a topic trick and treat – may be interesting to read it, to refresh memory.

I haven't heard about apple seeds containing poison :blush: - I have eaten them. :silly: So far so good. :whistle:
Beware?
Be aware!

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 4 years 9 months ago #4048

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
Here's the last part of what I can share about food:
Apples, and all fruits for that matter contain lots of sugar. Gradually, over many years, we have learned that almost everything "must" taste sweet. We like it sweet. Sweet is comforting. I don't think we even give a second thought to our preferances to sweet foods and what have you. The Ayuerveda has interesting information on this: www.eattasteheal.com/ETH_6tastes.htm
The bitters help the gallow and the liver. The sweet, the sugar provides us with energy and the salt contains minerals. I am referring to the “real deal”, the unrefined stuff. Refined sugar and salt doesn't give the body anything. It just wears it out, because it has to use quite some energy to get rid of these empty caloties and it gets nothing in return. Same thing with salt.

It is not wrong to eat fruits, but we better realize, that fruits contain a lot of sugar. And we already have so much suger either seen or hidden in our diets. We can do with less. Suger feeds candida and cancer. Here's a link: www.thetruthaboutcancer.com
When we like dried fruits, we better realize, that dried fruits contain even more suger. And added to that the sugar has converted in fructose, even worse than refined sugar. So much for fruit!
I don't think fruit is killing us, but we can do with less. Wouldn't hurt us one bit, I guess.
Beware?
Be aware!
The following user(s) said Thank You: huminbean
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Featured products