Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: John Lilly/Isolation Tank/Handbooks

John Lilly/Isolation Tank/Handbooks 5 years 10 months ago #3778

• jacobsntj
  • Correspondent
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has ever used an isolation tank? I loved the novel Altered States by Paddy Chayefsky and the subsequent film but what I didn't know was the work was inspired by John Lilly. Lilly wrote The Deep Self and discussed his experiences in length. The foreword confessed one of the messages he kept receiving as "You're responsible for yourself and all that's around you." I immediately thought of the Handbooks as they convey the same message. Lilly also discussed his ability to leave the body while in the tank, something performed by other spiritualists.
-Nick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

John Lilly/Isolation Tank/Handbooks 4 years 3 months ago #4147

• AlioMcDavis
  • Emerging Voice
  • Love Takes Over
I've never used an isolation tank but I have used a lot of silence to find what I was looking for and I'm quite satisfied with the results.

As for leaving the body, I've been taught, and here's something to contemplate, that the mind does not exist within the body. The body exists as a precipitation within the field of mind. They tell me that it took an incredible amount of desire and patience to come here, so I don't think I want to leave it too quickly. Where would I go anyway? I made it to play hide and seek from God but God tagged along. Now we get to use it to find people who are ready to get found. They all get tired eventually. Apples peaches pumpkin pie who's not ready holler "I". :P
Alio

John Lilly/Isolation Tank/Handbooks 4 years 3 months ago #4153

• Glaxony
  • Emerging Voice
  • Thank you received: 3
This article has some very interesting things to say about mind:

ruthlesstruthdotcom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/one-song.html

likeā€¦ is there even such a thing?
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Glaxony.
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Featured products