A+ R A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Personal Messages (PMs)

Personal Messages (PMs) 7 years 9 months ago #1864

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
Occasionally I receive a PM and don\'t realize I have one for days or weeks. Ok. Here it goes.... I was thinking it would be a good idea if when we receive a PM to our profile, it would go to our email. Or, have a flashy thing light up on the screen to catch the eye. This can greatly improve our communication. Whaddaya think? Can someone out there make it happen? For the highest and best good for all. We are humans becoming. Many thanks and peace to you all :)

Brenda
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Personal Messages and Personal trouble (PMs-PTs) 7 years 9 months ago #1865

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
  • Thank you received: 18
LOL, something odd happened. The message of R.Z. is gone, (I didn\'t do that, lol) the settings are different, and the chat isn\'t available. I cannot believe I did that by following the good advise from R.Z. :P However, can it be that I am more powerfull than I can even imagine? :P
Can someone out there put the settings back, please? :P L.N.
Beware?
Be aware!
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by L.N..

Re:Personal Messages and Personal trouble (PMs-PTs) 7 years 9 months ago #1866

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
It appears that the whole messageboard got rolled back in time about 36 hours or so ... I had moved this message from the \'handbook related\' section, and posted a reply -- as well as -- there was an excellent question posted in a separate message by one of our new members about \'hive humanity\' that I was looking forward to discussing!
So - either \'big Doug\' had to take some drastic action to avert disaster ... or we\'ve just expeeienced a \'glitch in the matrix\'. Either way - a small hurdle ... we\'ll get it back together.
I\'ll repost those instructions on how to set private messaging notifications when I\'ve got a few spare minutes.
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!

Re:Personal Messages (PMs) 7 years 9 months ago #1867

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
Many thanks to L.N. for the time-saver ... here\'s the answer I posted before our hiccup in the system:
I am the same - am not in the habit of checking, so messages go unnoticed. However ... thanks to your post here, I have looked into it and set my message box to email me whenever a p.m. comes in.

As is the theme of our experience here in this dimension: I cannot do this for anyone else but me - however - each should have the ability to do just as I did.

Go to the \"my profile\" link up towards the top of the page, then - under \"private messaging\" click on your \"inbox\". Below all those private messages you didn\'t know you had in there ;) is a button called \"settings\". The first option under \"settings\" - \"email notification\" (... and also \"show a pop-up when a new message arrives\").

Either one of those options should make the p.m. system here much more effective! Thanks for bringing it up!
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by R.Z..

Re:Personal Messages (PMs) 7 years 9 months ago #1878

Hi R.Z.,

I went into \"My Profile\" and selected \"inbox\" - and I don\'t have a button for \"settings\".

Just thought you might want to know.

Thanks,
Helen

Re:Personal Messages (PMs) 7 years 9 months ago #1880

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
Thank you m\'am ... that\'s how we figure things out!

I\'ve played with some settings in the PM system - you should have access to that \'settings\' button at your inbox now.

I\'ve managed to get the email notifications working, but not the pop-ups.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by R.Z..
  • Page:
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds