A+ R A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Handbook

Handbook 9 years 9 months ago #55

• Arioch
Hello,

I am here through a random encounter with one of George\'s interviews on Youtube...I was very interested with what he said and downloaded the Handbook to read. I know find myself at a rather confused position on aspects of the Handbook, considerably it\'s terminology.

My intention here is to understand further. I am not here in an effort to attack or undermine the book or it\'s message. I would love to have a thoughtful and insightful discussion on the ideas.

One of my main problems is the seemingly narrow target audience of the book. The premise is of a handbook written (not worried about the verb) by ETs in an effort to help mankind. Yet the book seems to read to only those who have an understanding of the Judeo-Christian belief system. Consistent references to \'your bible\', psalms, \'faith\', God etc.

Myself, I am a Antipodean, I grew up in a culture that claims to be Christian but very few people ever go to Church. Church goers were a minority group and looked on as rather quirky.
I have never read the bible and have absolutely no inclination to do so.

The idea of Faith or a belief system to me is the very antitheses of freewill or free thought.
I know that the constructs of Light and Dark are references to thought and the presence of, or lack of, awareness. Why create a paradigm on a paradigm?
Thought acting upon itself unfettered removes all paradigms.

Again, I am not out to attack but to understand. The topic and discussion interests me greatly. Is the book merely focused on Americans because of the locale and are there other contacts out there that are trying to reference things according to other sociological understandings? Why at all, are references to religious and social paradigms necessary when the movement of thought upon itself is enough to remove false constructs?
I will continue to read further and look forward to your comments.
Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Handbook 9 years 9 months ago #58

Those are some very good questions and i understand why you asked because there are a lot of references to the bible and religion. I personally think the handbooks can benefit any person but there is a focus in certain areas which seem to be directed toward a religious, american based audience. I think this is the case because many people, who I have encountered, that fit into this category can be some of the most close-minded people who do not what to accept anything other then what they think they already know. So I guess if there is an attempt to reach a person like this it would have to be done in terms that the person would understand. I think that most people have at least heard or came into contact with some of the stories the bible teachers whether they believe them or not. So reference to the bible can be seen as an example of the dogmas that many people live under and would be understood by the masses. I personally have never followed any religion but i was exposed to a lot of christian beliefs at a young age. So as I read the handbooks i acknowledge the religious references but it is not my focus while reading the material. There are a vast array of information in the handbooks and certain parts may be directed to certain people. Are you reading the handbook for the new paradigm? If you continue to read the other books in the series the focus on religion subsides a little and other avenues are focused on more. And as far as word the word faith is concerned I\'m sure everyone has their own definition, but to me the use of faith in the handbooks refer to creation itself and faith that the Universal Laws that govern creation do work, and also faith in yourself and the faith that a new way of living on this planet without outside control or manipulation is indeed possible. I would advise you to focus more on the parts that you feel are more relevant to you personally and not put so much stock into the parts that are there for other people. I hope this is able to help you a little and I thank you for your interest in the subject. Also welcome to this forum and I look forward to hearing from you further and sharing ideas.

Re:Handbook 9 years 9 months ago #60

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello Arioch -

Glad you found your way here, and don\'t be concerned with how your questions are perceived - questions and open discussion are most welcome here - how else can we expand our understanding?

Regarding the religious tone in the handbooks - I consider it to be an indicator of the \'target market\' for the books. Religion is inescapable (in this country, anyway) - it\'s influence reaches beyond the churchyards and it\'s roots are deeply embedded in our culture. You don\'t have to consider yourself religious to be affected by the ideas of religion - it\'s proximity to our lives, it\'s pervasiveness - it can\'t be ignored.

Beyond that ... consider that religion is most people\'s only way of relating to spiritual subjects. If \'spiritual\' isn\'t the proper term, then substitute \'esoteric\'. The ideas covered in the handbooks are certainly esoteric, possibly even \'spiritual\'. The only way to get most folks into the proper frame of mind is to call upon their concept of religion, then build from there.

Lastly - and I think P.R. touches on this idea in his post, above - those who do consider themselves religious are generally the folks most in need of deprogramming. Again - \'deprogramming\' may not be the correct term, but it should convey the idea I\'m trying to relate - the handbooks are written (I believe) very much as a tool for deprogramming minds influenced so heavily by our current culture.

In that respect - you are already \'ahead of the game\' ... not needing to break free from the control mechanism that is religion. I would like to point out, however, that although you state that faith & belief systems are undesirable - you claim the title \'antipodean\' for yourself. Never having heard that term before, I had to look it up - and it appears you consider hailing from australia or new zealand as some sort of religious affiliation. (Don\'t take offense - I\'m being a smartass to make a different point.) My point there being this: To you, the term \'antipodean\' means one thing ... but to someone with a different viewpoint, that term can have a completely different meaning.

I suspect this may also be the case in your perception of what the word \'paradigm\' may mean. (You are in good company - I heard Jack Blood, a radio personality, recently mention the handbooks - and his conclusion was that the paradigm we need to reach for is that of \'no paradigm\'.) I\'ve tried to look up a definition for the word \'paradigm\' as well, and have found it to be one of the most poorly defined words! I like the thoughts you expressed in your paragraph about free and unfettered thought, maybe you can share your definition of the word paradigm as you used it in that paragraph.

All this emphasis on words and their definitions could be one more example of why all the religious references in the handbooks. Religious terms are fairly well defined, and generally their meaning is widely accepted.

Also - as P.R. mentions in his post above, as the reading progresses through the successive books, the emphasis moves more and more toward the individual. The final short booklet \"messages for the ground crew\" is very much about turning thought within oneself to help bring about a \'paradigm\' of personal responsibility.

I\'m sure there\'s more to be said regarding the questions you brought up ... I hope my contribution here is helpful in some way. I, too, have \'issues\' with at least one of the concepts in the handbooks ... it\'s like all things in this world - you\'ve gotta take what useful & leave the rest!
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!

Re:Handbook 9 years 9 months ago #68

• doughahn56
  • Get it fixed
Antipodean - good word - I found this relating to the root word \"antipode\"

Something that is the exact opposite or contrary of another; an antipode.
Or geographically speaking: Any two places or regions that are on diametrically opposite sides of the earth. America and Australia are antipodal regions of the earth.

If your \"antipodal\" beliefs trancend mere physical boundaries. . . .
The opposite of thought is thoughtlessness. Without life there can be no thought. The opposite of life is death.

So, Welcome to the forum my \"becoming\" brother! You have stumbled upon like minded creatures (dare I say \"souls\") who are also diametrically opposed to death and subsequently, thoughtlessness.

Re:Handbook 9 years 8 months ago #78

Hi there,

I seem to recall that the material is useful to everyone but was specifically intended for the \'groundcrew\'. Am I off the mark?
My goal has been to rid my life of rituals and as result created a new one.

Re:Handbook 9 years 8 months ago #79

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
An answer elegant in it\'s simplicity.
Thank you, christine - right on the mark, I\'d say!
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!
  • Page:
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds