Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Relationship

Relationship 5 years 3 months ago #3982

• Mathieu
  • Emerging Voice
  • Thank you received: 6
Good day,

I have been with my girlfriend for almost 6 years now. I became aware of the hanbooks about a year ago. She is an evangilical christian and I am not. I really feel like I am part of the ground crew as my reading of the 4 books was quite intense. The feelings that I got when reading the material were honestly unkown to me up until that point.

She wants to get married and have a child. My plan was the same before...but now I have a new purpose and I feel like if I want to fully participate in the birthing of the new paradigm, I won't be able to do this with her. I know a lot of you guys feel more or less the same way. I really love her and I do not know what to do.

Do you guys are in the same position? Can we trully participate while living with someone who does not share the same philisophy?

(I have started a new website for the ones in Quebec Canada or Vermont, New Hampshire or anywhere near Quebec. It is groundcrewquebec.com. For now it is in french but if you go at the buttom of the pages you can contact me .)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Relationship 5 years 3 months ago #3983

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
Hello again, Mathieu!
My 'short answer' to your question would be: "yes sir - it is certainly possible to participate in birthing the new paradigm, even while living with a partner who may not be supportive."
I say this because I am living it myself - heavy sighs and rolling eyes are the only encouragement my wife has to offer. This comes from a woman with NO religious convictions and who is generally open to the ideas presented in the handbooks.
I have a sneaking suspicion that your situation may be a great deal different than mine, however. When I hear "evangelical" in relation to your partner, I imagine someone who is going to be actively trying to "save" you, long after you've lost interest in being 'saved'.
Raising children is another VERY contentious point. I know there are families who strike a balance between parents' differing views, but I can't imagine that being an easy thing to do!

So my 'long answer' goes something like: "yes sir - you can make it work, but ... beyond simply 'not being easy', your particular situation my become 'damn near impossible'. If you love this woman enough ... you may need to let her go - to find happiness with someone who's more closely aligned with her beliefs and expectations."
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!

Relationship 5 years 3 months ago #3984

• Mathieu
  • Emerging Voice
Hi RZ,

Thanks for your reply! Quite helpful! It always helps to know that there are other people living similar challenges! If you happen to know anyone living in the north east of the US or Canada near Quebec, please let them know about GROUNDCREWQUEBEC.COM

Thanks!

Relationship 5 years 1 month ago #4006

• Glaxony
  • Emerging Voice
  • Thank you received: 3
We have two Circles of Intention going strong in Austin. One is led by a lady who is a born again Christian. But she is not one of the victim conscious religious people that the books are warning about. She reminds us nearly every meeting that we are the ground crew. Jesus was one of the teachers that was sent to help us change the paradigm who got killed, as the books speak about. True Christians will recognize truth. Unfortunately they are few and far between. I have read that out of all the religious people, 8% are among the most saintly of all humans. And 92% are the meanest and most controlling of all humans. They are also obedient to the authorities controlling them, whether right or wrong. Those who have excepted there is a heaven and a hell and savior who is going to beam them out of here just in time, are doing nothing to make this world a better place. All they do is go around telling others to have faith, while the world is being destroyed. They will be the victims, rounded up and led to slaughter. You will certainly find out whether this lady is a true Christian in the sense that you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. Or not. Then what. You are either at a cross road, and you will have to choose whether to follow truth or be led to slaughter. Or you have your finest ally, and somebody to watch your back. You need to find out. Has she read the books yet?
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Glaxony. Reason: accuracy and addition of information
The following user(s) said Thank You: R.Z.

Relationship 4 years 8 months ago #4101

• Mathieu
  • Emerging Voice
Hi Glaxony,

Sorry I just realized you had replied to my post!

Thanks you for taking the time to reply. To answer your question, no she never read it...despite my best efforts. Her resistance comes from the fact that I never read the Bible despite her best efforts. (Even though I was raised Christian and had already read many passages).

Your are right...I am at a crossroad.

Also, if you are interested in meeting, I just posted a reply to Doug's annoucment about the website being back up online.

Thanks and take care!

Mathieu
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds