Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thoughts for Contemplative

Thoughts for Contemplative 5 years 3 days ago #4057

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
  • Thank you received: 17
Our friend & dear contributor Ed Howes (whom I sure thought was a.k.a. "Contemplative" here) - may not be with us much longer.

Ed's facebook page has been buzzing with concern over his uncharacteristic absence these last two weeks. It was confirmed yesterday that Ed has been in the hospital with some serious heart, lung & kidney issues. There was a mention that he may be released into hospice (end-of-life) care.

Of course we all hope that Ed recovers & returns to offer more of his unique perspective, but at the age of 68 (according to one profile), he has certainly lived a full life & offered much to his fellow man.

Thank you spirit that IS Ed Howes - your contributions have not gone unappreciated!
You are the saviour you've been waiting for!
Last Edit: 5 years 1 hour ago by R.Z.. Reason: Oops!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thoughts for Contemplative 5 years 3 days ago #4058

• freelion
  • Contributor
  • Free Creativity
  • Thank you received: 5
That's really too bad :(.

He really added a lot to this forum. Goodbye, and good luck Ed.
Truth first.

Thoughts for Contemplative 5 years 2 days ago #4059

• JohnAdams
  • Thank you received: 10
I will pray for Ed too...Of course he will not die...He will only loose the container(Body) that keeps him here where we can see and hear him...I wish to bless him and his with all the good things in life...It is always great to read his posts...
Last Edit: 5 years 2 days ago by JohnAdams. Reason: mispelled posts

Thoughts for Contemplative 5 years 2 days ago #4063

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
Update - copied & pasted from facespace:

You may send cards to Ed Howes, 2440 N Breezy Acres Drive, Oracle AZ 85623. The cards will be taken to the hospital or Hospice where he will be.

On behalf of Ed and his family............Thank you all for your concern and caring!

Thoughts for Contemplative 5 years 1 day ago #4064

• Contemplative
  • Articulate
  • All I am is the result of my thoughts.
  • Thank you received: 13
R.Z. a mistake has been made! You are confusing Ed Howes with me! This Contemplative is alive and in top health! My name is John Dee and I am from the UK, but freqently resident in Thailand practicing the Buddhist Dharma, and introducing Thais to the Handbooks information!

Ed Howes regististered with our Global Insights forum I year 5 months ago. His forum username is "Ed Howes" He only posted something 2 times. Both his posts can be read on Ms Dee's Handbook related post "Fulfilling My Purpose" started 15 months ago.

I have never personally known Ed Howes from Arizona USA, but now we know something about him my thoughts and prayers go to him.

For Ed' s facebook page click: Ed Howes
For Ed's blog website click: Awakened Journey
Contemplate for Enlightenment

Thoughts for Contemplative 5 years 1 day ago #4065

• R.Z.
  • Administrator
  • Know Thyself
Whew!
Thank you, John - i was so hoping to read that very message!

I'd tried to confirm who was who before posting, but decided to trust my feeble memory, knowing that if a correction needed to be made - it would be.

Ed's facebook posts were very handbook-centric, and with that touch of buddhist zen that had me convinced you two were one & the same. I know that a few folks here are also facebook friends with Ed, so if a correction was needed - I was sure someone would speak up!

Can't say how relieved I was to see your name here!

So I've confused screen-names, and the brother we are losing is not the one I thought ... which, of course, does not make the situation any less serious - but I'm sure we'll all have a laugh sometime in the future about "that time I tried to kill Contemplative"!

;)

Apologies all! (This is why I generally try to keep my mouth shut!)
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds