Virtuemart Extensions
A+ R A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: *NUTRITION* REAL FOOD

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 5 years 2 months ago #4050

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for your insight LN. I agree with all of the above! Nutrition is an art and science. Everyday new discoveries are made. It's necessary to watch out not only for the man made toxic refined, bio engineered food but also food that comes directly from Earth. I often think about how the ancients must have spent much time with preparing their food (or having someone else do it for them). Along with a man named I think , Hippocrates who said let food by thy medicine. I read about apple seeds containing amygdalin which is metabolized by body to to a cyanide sugar compound which usurps the body's oxygen . I also understand that the body is in better health when the pH is more alkaline. Sweeteners of any kind create acidic environment. SO MUCH STUFF! I sure am glad to have met the many wise/intelligent people on this website! All the best!
!
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: L.N.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 5 years 2 months ago #4052

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
  • Thank you received: 18
Hey there Huminbean,
Thank you for the explanation about the apple seeds. I was trying to find some information about that statement the other day, to inform myself on it. Haven't found anything. With your explanation I surely will find what I was looking for. In my youth I learned from old, wise ppl, that apple seeds are healthy. It's not like I eat them daily and by the dozen, but occassionly I take them. I surely will look into this deeper; if they take oxygin away from the body, then it may be not all that good after all to eat them; we humans all are short of oxygin anyway; it shows in our bodies – among other things: it helps aging faster. We would be way better off to stay young longer. Not for cosmetic purposes, but to stay healthy and independant as long as possible. Here comes Buteyko at play. He was a Russian scientist who brought the “buteyko method” into being. This method was suppressed for about 40 years. These days it is spreading all over the world. Many benefit from a more adequate and an efficient, right way of breathing. People who are into the Buteyko method loose many “dis”eases and get amazing results. Here's some more information on this subject: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buteyko_method
There may even be an American Buteyko institute. It is a little hard to change the way we breathe, but it can be done. It will do us all well. It is a very important “tool” to ad to the whole of tools we can use today to improve our health.

You are right: it indeed was Hippocrates, the founder of our current medical system, who said “let food be thy medicine” and he added: “let medicine be thy food”. Really, I wonder what he would say about the current situation of humankind, concerning all the diseases and troubles we are experiencing today, because of the lack of knowledge and the malnutrition. Who said: “my people will die because of ignorance”? One of your early presidents? We really, really need to take some time to inform ourselves – stop believing all these “experts”. LOL, we take advice from those who grow these foods. Who benefits? I'm sure it's not the consumer.
I have found some very interesting information; unfortunately it is not in English. I hope it is made available in English too. I will do some research; should I find an English version, I'll be back and post it in this topic.

About smoothies: raw food, used in smoothies are not all that healthy. Our bodies can not cope with huge amounts of raw food. It cannot digest it in the long run. In time it will harm our intestants and help cause the leaky gut syndrome. I believe that is caused first and foremost by granes. I must add, that vegatables and fruits taken in for 6 months max, cleanse the body. After this cleansing period it will be better to change the diet into the food our grandparents ate. We can eat vegatables; but we do need to vary and cook them so the poison in this food (plants) is properly dealt with. We can also cleanse our body by fasting for at least a week.

All the best to you too. (!) :lol: :laugh:

Edit.
I found the info I was referring to in this post, so here it is: www4.dr-rath-foundation.org
and the others:
and:
When you open the links, you'll see more info on that Yt-page; also on the use of statines.
Beware?
Be aware!
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by L.N.. Reason: ;-) ;-)

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 5 years 1 month ago #4061

• JohnAdams
  • Thank you received: 10
Sprouts...As the New Paradigm mentions are very good for you...full of nutrition and amino acids that your cells need...I buy and store them in number ten cans...Which is 5 lbs of sprouting seeds...Get you some and give em a try...
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by JohnAdams. Reason: left of the "r" on your

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 5 years 1 month ago #4062

• huminbean
  • Articulate
  • For the highest and best good for all!
  • Thank you received: 5
Yes john. Sprouts I read about are definitely high in nutrition. I sprout them in my kitchen. Easy! More bang for your buck. Many types of sprouts. Also fermenting kefir grains in the kitchen is easy. Probiotics galore! All the best to all of us! Thank you! Peace out. :0)
HELP US TO HELP OURSELVES FOR THE HIGHEST AND BEST GOOD FOR ALL CONCERNED.

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 5 years 1 month ago #4076

• L.N.
  • BE in the NOW.
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi John, Huminbean,

Sometimes I may use too many words to explain my self as well as I can. This is what I wrote a few posts back -
Beans for instance, contain phytic acid, it's their germinative power. It's also in chia seeds, goy berries and nuts among others. This demands special care, which is to put the beans, nuts, seeds into water for about 24 hrs. Then cleanse them and have them in clean water for more hrs. When we can see them sprout, they are ready to be prepared to eat by humans. This is not complete – there are many more items that needs the same treatment.
and so referring to the way of correctly handling vegatables - which methods I consider the knowledge from our forefathers we for the main part have lost throughout time.
LOL, I named the poison and described the process - you simply named the action, yes? Very well!
Yes, sprouting is neccessary before eating and indeed, thén it's healthy. I mentioned beans and some other vegetables, but it goes for most of them - they have different poison which need different treatment. This poison needs be taken care of before eating. Sprouting is one of these ways of taking the posion away or reducing it.
Beware?
Be aware!

*NUTRITION* REAL FOOD 5 years 1 month ago #4077

• Contemplative
  • Articulate
  • All I am is the result of my thoughts.
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi L.N., John and Ms Bean,

This method of soaking in water (as given by L.N. above) also dissipates into the water any poison insecticidal toxins that may have been passed into seeds if their parent fruit or veg was commercially grown. For enhanced security against consuming these commercial poisons, consider only buying fruit and veg or their seeds that you know have been organically grown or produced!
Contemplate for Enlightenment
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Contemplative.
Moderators: Doug, R.Z.
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds